eric

Pro10 200mm

197 posts in this topic

Fédéralement la catégorie n'existe plus en Europe, donc on ne peut pas parler de retour, mais sur le terrain le DTM avec ses couts élevés et ses règlements fluctuants doit commencer à lasser pas mal de monde ! Récemment lors d'une course comportant une endurance je me suis plus marré avec ma Gpe C avec un 19 tour reedy sur 7 minutes qu'avec la DTM en 12 tour, je sais que la plupart des pistards jugent le Pro 10 comme une catégorie has been, mais si Corally ressort un chassis c'est bien qu'il y a un marché potentiel !

Dépassé (has been) ou pas, tout a commencé par là en piste électrique.

Les américains sont en train de pondre de nouveaux chassis de piste 1/10 donc BMI sur une base de D12R qui prepare une 200mm. Il y a aussi un japonais avec une conversion de Gen X en 1/10.

Pour les images:

Sujet C10X - http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?t=34579

Sujet BMI 1/10 - http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?t=33637

Sujet Gen X en 1:10 - http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?t=34628

Il y a aussi ce sujet sur les carrosseries type proto/groupeC/LMP http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=199461 avec un commentaires de Dale Epp http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4106554&postcount=9

Et les idées fusent en ce qui concernent les carrosseries avec, comme déjà evoquer dans ce sujet bien des pages avant, deux catégories, une 235mm avec des proto et une 200mm avec des GT, façon Le Mans et autres courses du même type.

Je remets les commentaires de Dale Epp:

It's too bad that the r/c racing community has not embraced the concept of "change". (hope I don't sound too much like Obama and Clinton by using their favourite new buzz-word)

Companies like Tamiya and Kyosho do a very good job of supplying hobby enthusiasts the world over with authentic realistic kits that emulate real race cars. Sadly this does not carry over into the world of organized r/c racing. The r/c sanctioning bodies have been in a rut for the last 15 years. At events staged by ROAR, EFRA, BRCA, and IFMAR etc we see cars racing that look nothing at all like the cars we see racing on SPEED TV or in racing magazines. Do they welcome change - even if it's for the ultimate good of the industry? Absolutely not - they abhore it. It means discussions, it means debates, it means coming to an agreement, it means new rules, and it means possible criticism. It's much easier to do nothing.

In a few days the first major race of 2008 will be run - the 24 Hours of Daytona. This race will feature a wide array of famous drivers, new cars and new teams. It's a pretty cool race and has been for decades. Yea, I know the Daytona Prototyes (DP's) are a little funky looking with their bulbous cockpits and awkward window shapes - but what isn't a little weird these days. When the DP's first showed up up a few years back they were rather homely looking compared to the svelte looking LeMans prototypes. Since then almost the entire 1:1 racing world (other than F1) has gone to cookie-cutter "kit" cars. Looking at the ugly NASCAR COT's, the Pinocchio-nosed IRL Dallara's, the bland looking Champcar Panoz chassis etc - all I want to do is yawn. Spec cars is all they are now. What a shame.

The DP class however has a half dozen different chassis brands, and yes they do look a bit different from each other. I like that. The sad fact remains, there are no place for DP type cars in the rc racing scene today.

The future of the r/c touring sedan is without a doubt a bit questionable at this point in time. There are many problems plaguing that class and seriously hindering its continued popularity. In my opinion the time is right to start racing r/c cars that guys can get excited about. Cars that look like the ones seen on TV. A 200mm pan car is wide enought to be stable, but narrow enough to be racing on indoor tracks. It also allows for a very proportional looking cars - which adds to the realism factor and ultimately its visual appeal to the racing newcomer. (and that's important) Think of all the cool looking LeMans Prototypes and DP's that could be developed for this class. It'd be pretty sweet!

Back when Associated released it's pancar/touring car kit (approx 7 or 8 years ago) I made a Protoform version of the Porsche 911 GT1 body (based on the car that had just won the 24 Hrs of LeMans). At the time I hoped it would be an ingredient to help that kind of a class "take off". It didn't. The timing was all wrong apparently. Everyone wanted the latest in hight-tech 4WD chassis - and parking lot racing was really catching on as well. It's true - a pan car was just not right for parking lot racing.

Well, my feeling is that this may be a better time to invest in this 200mm pan-car format. There would be less complexity (work), fewer back-ordered "trick of the week" 4WD chassis parts and less $$ expence for the average guy. Who knows - it just might bring back some fun?

It's worth thinking about in my opinion. What do you think?

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies

puis avec des marque comme tamya qui ponde des model genre 103gt sa doit aider aussi a relancer aussi

vu que la sa donne des voiture simple niveau mecanique qui roule tres tres corecter et pour un cout...

Concernant le F103GT, le chassis est performant par rapport à sa simplicité, il aurait pu servir pour une vraie catégorie promo avec moteur 19 tours et pneus imposés, mais fédéralement et commercialement personne ne veut suivre ça ne rapporte pas assez ! Pour en revenir au PRO 10, tant mieux si les ricains s'y remettent, mais en France tant qu'officiellement la catégorie n'existe plus, c'est foutu ! La ligue 10 avait relancé un championnat local de PRO 10 il y 3 ou 4 ans mais on n'en entend plus parler .

We (BMI, CEFX, Corally, CRC, Darkside Motorsports, Hyperdrive and SpeedMerchant have all been talking about the return of the Pro 10 class for a couple months.

We all believe that Pro 10 is the future of on road racing. These cars are far more simple and less expensive than touring cars, they have more grip on any surface from parking lots to carpet, there is a lot less to tune and setup in these cars and they can go as fast as you can handle driving them.

This means everyone from a novice to a pro can get a kit, put it together and have fun right away without having to learn to understand a sedan setup sheet more complicated than a mortgage contract.

It has been a pleasure working with the leaders of these companies. Its the first time that I can recall so many companies working together so well towards a common goal. They are all gentlemen and they have all designed some AWESOME cars!

There are a few details that have been agreed upon:

The cars are are all ~200mm wide with a wheel base around 254mm so you can use commonly available GT, Vintage, Sedan and Super Car bodies. They all look way better then the 235mm planks we used to run.

I believe all cars will take 4 cells, 6 cells or 7.4v Lipo (some saddle some stick). Most testing has been with 4 cell and 10.5BL. LiPo or 6 cell racing will have to happen with 21.5 or 17.5 motors or the speed will be too much for most drivers. Any of these cars with a 13.5 on 7.4v Lipo will be faster then a Mod 6 cell sedan, but they are easier to drive due to the huge amount of grip.

All the cars are heavily based on the companies latest and greatest 1/12th cars so there are parts commonality....most of your 1/12th spares will work on the 1/10th version.

You will see more pics of cars after the Snowbirds because some ran out of time to complete their cars prior to the race so stay tuned

Adrian Martinez

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4122070&postcount=3

en gros il dit que les constructeur prepare leur model

que le pro10 est peut onéreu et simple de mise en euvre et donc interessant pour les debutant comme les plus expérimanter

par contre le motorisation est bizard je trouve du 4 element et du 13 tours...

si le lipo est adopter sa va obliger des chassi type 6 element et non plus 3*3 comme sa se fesait a l époque:)

le concept de crc a l'air fort interressant , train avant facon asso , pret pour les accus lipo

en gros il dit que les constructeur prepare leur model

que le pro10 est peut onéreu et simple de mise en euvre et donc interessant pour les debutant comme les plus expérimanter

par contre le motorisation est bizard je trouve du 4 element et du 13 tours...

Le moteur je sais pas mais l'idée du 4 éléments doit servir à inciter les pilotes de 12 ème à s'y coller tout en utilisant leur accus habituels...( enfin je suppose ) . C'est pas bète dans la mesure où cela réduirait le coût ...surtout qu'avec un 6.5 ou un 5.5 ca doit déjà marcher pas mal , vu le poid ...

En tout cas perso , suivant le prix , je vois d'ici le prochain chassis que je vais m'offrir ... Cette CRC est tout simplement à tomber !!!

A y est j'suis encore amoureux ...

moi aussi!! une de plus en commande! avec un lipo, ça doit envoyer du diot!!! parole de Savoyard!

Pour les accumulateurs et la motorisation, il s'agit en fait du fameux rapport poids/puissance.

Quand les GrC 235mm ont cessés de concourir, les éléments étaient des 2000/2400mAh. Aujourd'hui, les éléments sont au minimum des 4200 voir 4600mAh, retirer deux éléments permet donc de gagner du poids tout en conservant la puissance. Surtout que les moteurs ont évolué.

A titre de comparaison, à l'échelle 1, une Catherham SuperSeven pese dans les 550-600 kg avec une puissance de 110-120ch. Une 207 de même puissance pese environ 1200kg. Même puissance mais daux fois le poids!

Autre exemple à l'echelle 1, toujours avec Catherham, une version R500 (rapport de puissance pour les anglais de ch/tonne) existait il y a de cela environ 5ans et était mise en comparaison avec des Ferrari, Porsche et autres voitures de ce calibre. Bilan, la Catherham mettait tout le monde d'accord en accélération, freinage, reprise. Le seul point où cette voiture était en retrait, la vitesse de pointe qui devait être de 220-230km/h alors que les autres étaient au dessus de 270km/h.

Quel dommage que cette catégorie n'existe plus chez nous.... Ca à vraiment de la "gueule" . En plus ça doit envoyer sévére !!!!

Magnifique! même si cette catégorie a disparue, avec un look comme celui-ci, je pourrais craquer si ca arrive chez nous...Le seul problème, la fourniture de pneus confidentiel...

Puis avec une carrosserie comme ça....j'en ai envie de pleurer...

Voici ce qu'avait sortit Yokomo il y a quelques années - source rctech

attachment.php?attachmentid=308093&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1201649886

The 7 manufacturers working together on the 200mm Pro 10 project are working out what chassis rules we can. Motor and battery rules are up to you guys. We suggest running the same power systems used in 1/12th scale cars...4 cells and 17.5/27T, 19T/10.5 and open Mod motors. This will keep the speeds in check and guarantee good driveability.

6 cell speed is what killed Pro 10 before so we are all a bit worried about running these cars on 7.4v LiPo. If guys running 6cell/7.4v LiPo focus on 21.5/Mabuchi,17.5/27t and 10.5/19t with no open mod the speeds should be about right.

Some one brought up ROAR. ROAR usually lets racers run a new class for a year or two until they start seeing some consensus on what racers want to run motor, battery and body wise. Then they take that info and generate a set of rules to make what most people are running into an official class.

I am really excited about how positive the response to the new Pro 10 project has been. I want to thank you all for for your feedback and comments.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4133389&postcount=145

J'ai récupéré des messages du sujet Pro10 et du sujet CRC GenX10 afin de faire ce sujet spécifique pour les Pro10 200mm qui semblent être la formule choisie par un certain nombre de fabricants, principalement américains (BMI, CEFX, Corally, CRC, Darkside Motorsports, Hyperdrive and SpeedMerchant) pour un retour de ces voitures.

Au vu des commentaires (c'est dommage, pourvu que, et les pneus, et les carrosseries ...), nombres aimeraient un retour de cette catégorie. Peut être qu'en formulant des idées, le retour en compétition se fera même si les effectifs en piste ne sont pas pléthoriques si j'ai bien compris.

Une idée comme cela assez rapidement: Pourquoi ne pas tenter de voir ce que cela donne avec des Pro10 235mm et 190mm que certains doivent avoir/ont encore mais avec les motorisations et partie puissance mentionnées par les américains, histoire d'avoir une idée de ce que cela peut donner au niveau de la vitesse et du comportement.

Cela peut être aussi l'occasion d'avoir deux classes avec des 235 d'un coté et des 200 de l'autre mais cela me semble plus utopique du fait que les 235 ne sont plus produites.

S'il y a une demande et que des idées sont émises, cela aidera probablement à ce que ces voitures refassent leur apparition sur les pistes. Ensuite, pour la fourniture des châssis, s'il y a une demande, il y aura distribution - la loi du commerce en somme!

Voila, soyez constructif, ce sujet doit vous permettre d'aborder les généralités ainsi que les points et spécificités techniques de cette catégorie même si beaucoup de choses ne sont pas de votre ressort (type de carrosserie choisie, assez aux châssis...). Les sujets dédiés aux voitures peuvent attendre car pour le moment, elles ne sont pas disponible. A vous!

Rappel: les châssis disponibles ou proches de l'être et connus en date de ce message sont:

BMI DB10R

4543-IMG_2025.jpg

Corally 10X New Generation

Pro_10.jpg

CRC GenX10

Saleen%20Gen-X%2010%20014-320.jpg

Je comprends votre entrain, et je le felicite, mais de là à dire que cette categorie est une manière"économique" pour un debutant, là, pas d'accord.

J'ai fait cette erreur de croire, en effet en la soit disant simplicité d'un tel chassis.

J'ai fait l'acquisition d'une rc10l3, et bien je peux vous dire que pour un debutant, sur une piste exterieur bitum, c'est loin d'etre facile (amusant).

Une f103gt sur la moquette avec pneus mousse, oui, c'est très bien (meme pour un debutant), mais combien roulent sur moquette/bitum.

Pneus unique pour tout le monde et 4 éléments pour commencer ( réduction des coûts ) afin de faire venir les pilotes de 12 qui ne roule pas forcément en Dtm ...Puis suivant la demande et le succés , il pourrait y avoir une caté où les accus seraient libre ( 5/6 éléments ou lipo ) mais toujours pneus unique défini par le club organisateur un peu comme en TT élèc pourquoi pas ...

En espérant que toi et notre Eric nationale, si vous lancez dans cette aventure, soyez moins ridicule qu'à St Martin de Crau. Pas la tête pas la tête...

Ca c'est pas gentil du tout !!! Et pour te punir je vais trainer ta face sur la moquette de St Fons sur toute la ligne droite en te tirant par les pieds !!!!:rolleyes::D:D:D

Nickel c'est comme ça qu'on nettoie les tatamis, notre moquette va être toute propre

Oui et puis avec la tignace que trimbale "cheval" je promet qu'il n'y aura pas besoin de deux passages !!! ;);)

Most of the new cars can be converted to 235mm but everyone is really pushing for only 200mm to be THE class. 235mm cars looked funny and out of scale. I talked to Dale at Protoform and he has some killer ideas for 200mm DP and LM cars....and you know its Protoform so it will look good

I am pretty sure with new bodies and testing the 200mm cars will be faster then the 235mm old cars. They have a lot less frontal area...the oval guys figured this out in the late 80's.

All of the cars will be 200mm out of the box and all the new bodies will be 200mm. 235mm was the past, 200mm is the future.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4134282&postcount=161

I agree 100% with AdrianM! - regarding 200mm vs 235mm and it's not just because he's so complimentary.

I couldn't have stated it any better myself. If we're going to race r/c cars lets try our best to keep things relatively scale looking with a semblance of realism. I've chosen my wording carefully here. I'd really like to endorse an even "higher level" of realism however I can't. After seeing what's happened in this industry in the last 5 or 6 years with regard to "officially licensed products" it's put all body manufacturers (in north america) between a rock and a hardplace. The licensing issue seems like it's here to stay unfortunately. If I make bodies that are easily identifyable as an Aston Martin DB9 or Ferrari 550 (for example) I need to seek licensing or face possible litigation.

You may ask: "Why not just go ahead and get everything licensed?" Well - I wish it was that easy. I realize that licensed products are virtually everywhere. Every time you see a new Tamiya kit released or take a walk through the hobby section of a Walmart - or even a Toy's R Us you see a lot of product that carries official brand names. More likely than not - all these products you see are fully licensed. However their marketplace is so huge and their turnover is in the million$ on these products thus making at affordable to carry the extra office staff etc to make it all work - and still turn a decent profit. The fact is - we are just too small to be able to afford this luxury. Simple as that. Trust me.

We will do our best to seek licensing were we can, and where it's feasable, but there's a good chance I'll need to purposely avoid certain body styles because a fair profit level will be unlikely or impossible. I know - it sucks. Some upcoming body styles will end up being generic in their names and details because that's the only choice I have. There are reasons for all this corporate greed (by the various auto manufacturers and licensing agencies) - but its too involved to get into. It's just a bummer that the r/c world somehow got caught up in it all. You guys are the ones that suffer.

BUT! That's not to say that there won't be some pretty cool looking stuff coming in the next few months.

Dale - Protoform

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4134385&postcount=164

I want to thank you for pointing out a few more reason why 200mm is better. We dont want more down force more power and more corner speed. Most full scale racing organization figured out something a long time ago. Slower closer raciong is better racing. This is why F1 runs specx fuel, narrow grooved tires and flat bottom cars...why the Nascar Car Of Tomorrow and resitrictor plates exist, why the Champ cars have changed since the mid 80's.

For Pro 10 to make it we need to avoid what killed Pro 10 the first time around. Too much speed (27T 6 cell was as fast as sedan mod) and unrealistic bodies (no one could relate to them).

4 cells, narrower cars and new cool scale type bodies will get us going in the right direction.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4134628&postcount=166

The guys worrying about 4 cell obviously have not run a 1/12th scale car recently. We run 19T/10.5 4 cell 1/12 here in FL. Our lap times are 1-2/10ths faster than open sedan mod at most outdoor tracks. It is not slow by any stretch of the imagination.

We run mod 1/12th once in a while. The last time we ran we were clocked at over 50mph on the back straight with 5.5BL on 4 cells.

We have tested the BMI DB10R on 4 cells with a 5.5 and it was just as fast.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4135610&postcount=182