Reporter

BMI Racing - DB10R?

21 posts in this topic

salut a tous

je crois voir qu'il a de la place que pour un accus de 4 elts .............

a+

attachment.php?attachmentid=4431&d=1202703651

attachment.php?attachmentid=4432&d=1202703703

attachment.php?attachmentid=4433&d=1202703713

attachment.php?attachmentid=4434&d=1202703723

attachment.php?attachmentid=4435&d=1202703732

What i did was make it fit 4 cell or 7.4 lipo saddle pack grouped together as a brick pack. This was based on the dimensions of the new trackpower lipo. I moved the electronics to the rear so you can center the brushless speedo to balance the car without adding weight. You also use less wire which helps with any voltage loss through long wires. Another plus is that it gives you centralized mass from side to side and front to rear helping the car rotate better. You will also be using the weight of the brushless speedo when running lipo to your advantage by adding that weight to the back of the car.

I went with losi style battery mounting with a dropout tray that is fixed with 2 4-40 screws to remove the battery out of the bottom of the car. There is adjustable flex points in the chassis for tuning to different track.

There is room to move the speedo left to right and allow for a speedo with a fan. There is also more room in the electronics area to mount larger speedos.

The biggest reason these car died out before was the physical size of them

(235mm) which is just too big for indoor tracks and most asphalt tracks in the US and also the speed. The speed was too much and the cars became very dangerous.

With the more narrow(200mm) and the cooperation of the general public and track owners, We can keep the speeds to where they are safe like we have in TC and they will be small enough to run indoors without any sacrifices.

I really feel that these cars can be a cheaper answer for TC. They handle better, they are cheaper, and much more simple for people to get them working real good.

I really feel that once people try them and see how similar on the track they are to TC, they will be more widely accepted. We need to get them out there and running.

I know that this car is not what alot of you expected. I was on the fence on whether to keep it standard and go with the flow or stick to my guns and go for all out performance and ease of use. I went the direction of being different because i felt that all of my products are a reflection of my ability to develope the best handling car i can. If i didnt go the route i did, i would not have been true to myself or happy with a product that i offer. When it came down to it, I thought to myself that if i didnt go for the performance and follow my views that i would rather not release the car at all. I wouldnt be able to sleep at night thinking that i just went with the flow when i didnt feel it was a best effort.

The battery is bottom loaded and is secured with 2 flat head 4-40x1/4 screws. We designed it to fit 4 cell or 7.4 volt trackpower saddle pack placed on the tray side by side as a brick pack. I will be getting the trackpower pack loaded up as soon as it gets here. I went by the dimensions they listed and it will be a direct fit with no modifications.

I am going to be making 1 more change to the car. I have developed a pod droop adjuster that allows you to adjust the pod droop with 1 set screw instead of using the shocks overall length. This makes setting pod droop so much easier and very similar to how it is done on a TC.

Yes, the center pivot,flex plates and pivots, all ballstuds and pivot balls,pod,damper tubes,front end(with exception to 1/10th kingpins and springs),servo mounts,and mostly all of the standoffs. I had to replace 2 of the standoffs and added the top deck/battery tray mount.

3-DB10RTOPsm.jpg

BMI Racing sent to PETIT RC his last new to inform you about their new Pro 10 called DB10R.

BMI Racing a envoyé à PETIT RC sa dernière nouveauté appelé DB10R

Details :

4543-bmidb10r-1.jpg

BMI Racing DB10R.

Pro-10 is poised to make a return as a popular racing class, with racers tiring of the costs, complexity and steep learning curve associated with 4wd sedans and are expected to embrace this new class as an inexpensive, fast and simple way to enjoy racing again. BMI Racing’s R&D team have been working to develop a state of the art Pro-10 car that is a leap beyond the old technology of 235mm pan cars, the result of this program being the new DB10R.

Based on our ultra successful DB12R 1/12th scale racer the DB10R is a revolutionary leap in the development of Pro-10 chassis. Featuring BMI Racing Flex Link rear suspension system and our innovative “Center Mass” chassis layout the DB10R is set to dominate at any track on any surface.

The DB10R follows the new 200mm spec for Pro-10 cars. This size chassis allows racers to use a large variety of bodies from Nitro Sedans to GT, Super Car and Vintage Muscle car bodies. More realistic bodies are one of the keys to the successful return of the Pro-10 class.

The “Center Mass” chassis layout places all of the chassis components in the correct location to yield a perfect left to right balance and front to rear weight distribution. The revolutionary feature of the DB10R’s “Center Mass” chassis is the placement of the speed control and receiver in the center of the chassis behind the battery. This has three very critical benefits. Dealing with the battery and electronics as a unit allows us to better control the weight distribution for superior feel and handling characteristics. A brushless speed control is relatively heavy. If it is offset to one side or another of a central battery, weight must be added to counter balance it. The weight of a micro receiver on the other side of the chassis is not enough to balance the chassis. Another important benefit of a rear mounted speed control is very short power wires for lower voltage losses and very tidy wiring leading to the receiver.

The DB10R is designed to accept 4 cell NiMh batters and 7.4v LiPo Saddle Packs such as Track Power’s new 4800 Hard Case Saddle pack. We believe saddle packs are the future LiPo power system for Sedans and Pro-10 cars as weight distribution with stick LiPo packs is not ideal on most cars. The DB10R will also accept stick style 7.4V LiPo packs down the center.

The kits will begin shipping in 2-3 weeks.

The DB10R Features:

- BMI Quasi-Isotropic 2.5mm Satin Carbon Fiber

- BMI 6061-T6 Alloy Parts

- Associated Dynamic Strut Front Suspension

- IRS Nickel Teflon Macro Center Shock

- IRS Rear Axle system

- IRS Alloy Teflon Coated Front Pivot Balls

- IRS Upper front Hinge Pins

- Lunsford Ti front Axles

- Lunsford Ti Turnbuckles

- Boca Bearings throughout

We are taking pre-orders now. The kits will begin shipping in 2-3 weeks. The Street Price for the DB10R will be $299.99

3-CenterMass1sm.jpg

3-CenterMass2sm.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-2.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-3.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-4.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-5.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-6.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-7.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-8.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-9.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-10.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-11.jpg

3-DB10RTOPsm.jpg

BMI Racing sent to PETIT RC his last new to inform you about their new Pro 10 called DB10R.

BMI Racing a envoyé à PETIT RC sa dernière nouveauté appelé DB10R

Details :

4543-bmidb10r-1.jpg

BMI Racing DB10R.

Pro-10 is poised to make a return as a popular racing class, with racers tiring of the costs, complexity and steep learning curve associated with 4wd sedans and are expected to embrace this new class as an inexpensive, fast and simple way to enjoy racing again. BMI Racing’s R&D team have been working to develop a state of the art Pro-10 car that is a leap beyond the old technology of 235mm pan cars, the result of this program being the new DB10R.

Based on our ultra successful DB12R 1/12th scale racer the DB10R is a revolutionary leap in the development of Pro-10 chassis. Featuring BMI Racing Flex Link rear suspension system and our innovative “Center Mass” chassis layout the DB10R is set to dominate at any track on any surface.

The DB10R follows the new 200mm spec for Pro-10 cars. This size chassis allows racers to use a large variety of bodies from Nitro Sedans to GT, Super Car and Vintage Muscle car bodies. More realistic bodies are one of the keys to the successful return of the Pro-10 class.

The “Center Mass” chassis layout places all of the chassis components in the correct location to yield a perfect left to right balance and front to rear weight distribution. The revolutionary feature of the DB10R’s “Center Mass” chassis is the placement of the speed control and receiver in the center of the chassis behind the battery. This has three very critical benefits. Dealing with the battery and electronics as a unit allows us to better control the weight distribution for superior feel and handling characteristics. A brushless speed control is relatively heavy. If it is offset to one side or another of a central battery, weight must be added to counter balance it. The weight of a micro receiver on the other side of the chassis is not enough to balance the chassis. Another important benefit of a rear mounted speed control is very short power wires for lower voltage losses and very tidy wiring leading to the receiver.

The DB10R is designed to accept 4 cell NiMh batters and 7.4v LiPo Saddle Packs such as Track Power’s new 4800 Hard Case Saddle pack. We believe saddle packs are the future LiPo power system for Sedans and Pro-10 cars as weight distribution with stick LiPo packs is not ideal on most cars. The DB10R will also accept stick style 7.4V LiPo packs down the center.

The kits will begin shipping in 2-3 weeks.

The DB10R Features:

- BMI Quasi-Isotropic 2.5mm Satin Carbon Fiber

- BMI 6061-T6 Alloy Parts

- Associated Dynamic Strut Front Suspension

- IRS Nickel Teflon Macro Center Shock

- IRS Rear Axle system

- IRS Alloy Teflon Coated Front Pivot Balls

- IRS Upper front Hinge Pins

- Lunsford Ti front Axles

- Lunsford Ti Turnbuckles

- Boca Bearings throughout

We are taking pre-orders now. The kits will begin shipping in 2-3 weeks. The Street Price for the DB10R will be $299.99

3-CenterMass1sm.jpg

3-CenterMass2sm.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-2.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-3.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-4.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-5.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-6.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-7.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-8.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-9.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-10.jpg

4543-bmidb10r-11.jpg

4543-S7FLQTRsm.jpg

BMI Racing sent today to PETIT RC his released about their BMI DB10R "World GT" Car Kit Released.

BMI Racing a envoyé aujourd'hui' hui a PETIT RC ses dernières nouvelles au sujet de leur BMI DB10R "World GT".

We are proud to announce that BMI Racing has started shipping our new DB10R 200mm 1/10th Scale Pan Chassis Kit. This kit is for racing in the emerging "World GT" Class. There will be more information about this new class and the major racing events that will be running World GT classes shortly.

WebStore DB10R Order Page: http://www.bmiracing.com/webstore/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=170

DB10R Manual: http://bmiracing.com/bmiv4/images/instructions/db10r%20instructions.pdf

More info on the thread about the BMI

4543-S7FRTsm.jpg

3-DB10RTOPsm.jpg

4543-DB10RLFQTRsm.jpg

Here is a pic of a quick prototype i wipped up for testing. THe production tray will be anodized and have a machined finish. I made this one on a CNC punch press as opposed to my CNC milling machine so the part has more of a stamped look in the pic.

The cool thing about this tray is it brings the weight of the lipo up to the weight of a standard 4 cell pack. This will limit the amount of lost rear traction when running lipo.

attachment.php?attachmentid=330334&d=1208899871

Je me permets d'ajouter cette vidéo, qui est assez parlante sur les perfs de l'engin.

La configuration était 4 éléments et 10.5 pour la vidéo ci dessus.

Des utilisateurs de DB10R sur ce forum? Si oui, faites part de votre expérience. Merci.

Les carros de Camaro et de Mac Laren sont sympa en tout cas !

C'est du protoform ?

ou ca une mc Laren ?

une saleen de chez Hpi, et la camaro je dirais Hpi aussi

c'est quoi ce châssis ??

Comme IPCC me titille, j'ai décider de sortir ma pan car mais, j'ai perdu la marque du modèle!!!

C'est un modèle anglais et comme j'ai encore un gros stock de pièces, ça fera bien encore une ou deux courses !!

merci pour votre aide...

20140625_164324.jpg

20140625_164340.jpg

je viens de trouver ..... DB10R de chez BMI !!! désolé, mais je laisse le message pour infos, au cas ou !!!