fifi

X5 / X5-Square: News et Informations

141 posts in this topic

Bonjour,

J'aurai besoin de vos lumières,....

Je posséde actuellement un XXX4G et je viens d'acquérir un chassis X5( juste le chassis) je voulais savoir si cela était compatible et pertinent de remplacer le chassis Du losi par celui du X5.

Merci

je ne sais pas si ca s'adapte ( il me semble que c'est sur base XX4).Mais selon moi le X5 est meilleur que le XXX4G

ce que tu veux faire c'est transformer un XXX4 en X5, c'est possible mais il te faut le support avant et arriére d'amortisseur XX4, la plaque avant et pas d'autre chose du XX4, la liste est dispo sur le site 4wdrc.com

laurent, la transformation n' est elle pas plus facile et moins chere à partir d'un XX4 ?

oui, mais si tu as déjà un XXX4 c'est mieux que de racheter un XX4, car avec le XXX4 tu as les amortos, les etriers et les fusées avant, les fusées arrieres, les biellettes, les chappes, la courroie, les 2 diffs et les cardans...il reste à trouver les 4 triangles, le support avant, le support arriere, le capot avant de transmission, la plaque avant 10° blanche et les renvoie de direction, mais de toutes façon il faut quand même acheter un kit de conversion X5 que tu utilise un XXX4 ou d'un XX4...un chassis X5 ne suffit pas...il manque la carro, l'aileron, les couronnes de diffs, l'idler bar, l'axe de transmission, la couronne de transmission qui est spécifique au X5, le slipper également spécifique, le capot arriere, le capot dessous le chassis...

Tu as juste le chassis ou le kit de convertion du X-5 ??

Ayé le "King" t'as dévoilé tous ses secrets... alors, tu es conquis?

Ca serait interessant de les voir les secrets :/

Since lipo packs won't be legal in my country for this year mad, I tried the other way to achieve having a lighter, better balanced car.

With my heavy ESC (Nosram, same as LRP) and the classic 6 cells setup, my car was very left-heavy, like 50g or more.

Now my car is only slightly right-side heavy, and the wiring is much neater. I believe that with a GTB (heavier) or lighter cells like the new SHOs, balance will be perfect.

The COG is a little bit more to the rear, but I remember that Hodapp was running his Nats-winning car with the electronics on the back to achieve the same thing, so it can't be that bad.

Sorry for the dumb cell on the pack, I don't have rewired my race cells yet.

I will be trying a 5.5 motor with a slightly longer ratio, and a 4.0 yikes is on the way for long tracks.

YoungChazz wrote:

I think Raphael's got it just right

imgp0242wq6.jpg

imgp0243dr1.jpg

I thought I could share my efforts with the family. smile

I tried to fit a stick lipo to the X-5. You don't need much work to make it fit, apart from making your own battery strap. I think it's time for X-Factory to make one, since Lipo is legal in the US (lucky guys !) and the X-5 is so lipo-stick friendly.

With the light lipo on the right and a heavy BL ESC on the left, the L-R balance is perfect, of course the car is much lighter.

Enough said, look at the pics.

Plenty of room for the electronics on the left side :

imgp0234py4.jpg

You have to shave the rear body-mounting post :

imgp0233fp2.jpg

Oops ! Shave here too, unless your lipo is shorter. I'll guess hard-cased ones are longer.

imgp0235rs1.jpg

Some space to use a slim battery post :

imgp0238vn9.jpg

imgp0239ba4.jpg

http://www.one-ten-rcforums.com/4wdrc/viewtopic.php?id=1539

http://www.one-ten-rcforums.com/4wdrc/viewtopic.php?id=1517

Ca serait interessant de les voir les secrets :/

Rien de bien secret, j'ai transmis à F. ROY des adresses qui auraient été censurées sur le forum et j'ai détaillé les modifs de transmission déjà décrites 100 fois sur divers forums.

Quant à mes essais en 5 éléments, je suis mitigé. La répartition semble bonne, même si j'ai l'impression (placebo ?) de sentir plus de poids sur l'arrière. Quant à la puissance générale, malgré des 4200 (certes plus tout jeunes) et un 4.0 des familles, je trouve ça moins punchy qu'un 5.5 et 6 éléments.

Alors, très bien sur la glisse mais bof-bof ailleurs.

Cette feuille est vieille.

Olivier avait fait une MAJ avec les couronnes 108 et 110 pour mieux satisfaire au besoin des brushless.

Olivier avait fait une MAJ avec les couronnes 108 et 110 pour mieux satisfaire au besoin des brushless.

Faites parvenir ou montrer directement cette nouvelle feuille, cela rectifiera le tir!

Pas exactement Fifi, la dernière mise à jour concernait l'ajout des pignons de 12, 13 et 14 dents je crois... Mais si besoin, je peux ajouter les couronnes de 108 et 110 ;-)

Oliv'

1. My car.

PaulS_X5_Lipo_01.jpg

2. Body off top shot. You get the idea of how it fits in pretty quickly.

PaulS_X5_Lipo_02.jpg

3. A little closer shot. You can see where some lead weight has fallen off and the shoo-goo is still there...

PaulS_X5_Lipo_03.jpg

4. Battery Out. I've been running a soft-case LiPo, and so wanted to protect it from things poking through the battery slots. The lexan was just from the front part of an X - 5 wing. I guess I didn't lose the weight after all!

PaulS_X5_Lipo_04.jpg

5. Here you can see how I dremeled on the forward battery post mount and servo post mounts in the chassis. The battery post was then mounted forward and spaced up some. I located the post spot by laying the battery in the car and then putting it where it looked good, not much science to it.

PaulS_X5_Lipo_05.jpg

6. Here's the back of the battery area, very similar. Just a touch with the dremel here and there and everything fit well.

PaulS_X5_Lipo_06.jpg

7. The battery strap. I made mine out of some extra Carbon Fiber that Brandon Rhode actually had at the CRCRC race (when I put the Lipo's in). It was just a scrap piece of CF anyways, I just took the dremel to it and had a strap in about 5 minutes. Make sure the front of the strap doesn't rub on the body, if you're particular about it.

PaulS_X5_Lipo_07.jpg

8. The SMC 5000 soft-case lipo's I've been running. This has been in my X - 5 since January, running nearly every weekend. I have one of these in all my cars; they provide just super power, and I've not had a problem with the soft-case yet. I'll be putting the new 4000 hard-cases in in the near future to comply with ROAR rules. The battery does rub a small bit on the servo, so I put some tape on the end just to help protect it.

PaulS_X5_Lipo_08.jpg

9. Here's the other side of the car, showing how my electronics are mounted. The capacitor is glued down, as it likes to pop off in hard landings. There's a piece of lexan glued over the two cell slots, and the GTB is on top of that.

PaulS_X5_Lipo_09.jpg

10. Other fun stuff: This pic shows my belt roller in front of the drive pulley. The roller's shaft is actually a XX4 CVD front axle, with the round part cut off. The axle is the perfect diameter for a drive bearing, of course, and the little lip holds it on. The two "hat" spacers are just rear axle spacers (That go between the bearings and the drive pin). I just drilled the hole in the chassis by eye and adjusted it (file in or out as needed) as needed. The large "hat" spacers cover up the slightly-oblong hole, and clamp the whole thing tight on the chassis with a regular wheel nut on the end. Probably the hardest thing about doing this is you have to shave down one of the flanges on the drive pulley - just take your time with this and it'll come out fine.

PaulS_X5_Lipo_10.jpg

11. Picture of my double-idler pulley set-up. I just use two regular small idler pulleys (as opposed to the larger HD idler pulley that some use), and a XXXS belt. Look at the dirt! That's accumulated over the last six months or so; like I said, this car really needs a rebuild.

PaulS_X5_Lipo_11.jpg

06-09-2008.jpg

CNC Machined Pulleys Now Standard in X-5 Squared Conversion Kits!!

For more than a year we have sold great CNC machined pulleys for the X - 5 as D.D.P. parts. There has always been a problem with the molded X - 5 drive pulley, where the teeth were about .003" off center in the mold. Frankly, our molded pulleys were the weak spot on the car, and DDP005 was the very expensive answer.

X Factory has made a deal with the English machine shop that has supplied the beautiful CNC machined pulleys to purchase them in quantity at a lower price, and we are including them now as standard parts in all X - 5 Squatred Conversion Kits.

The K014 Higher Power UpGrade Kit now also contains the CNC machined pulleys along with all the other Squared components. If you still have an original X - 5, the Higher Power UpGrade is now an even greater value!

You may upgrade any existing X - 5, Original or Squared, with part #5101. This part includes all three pulleys and is just about half of the original D.D.P. price. The K012 X - 5 Squared price has increased too because of these new pulleys.

Vu sur oople,

J amerai bien savoir comment il a resolu ce probleme sur le X5 car apres il a fait la pole.

La question en anglais:

I've noticed in jimmys report at the euro's that ellis's and somebody else's X5 was snapping belts and stripping pulleys. Was this down to that track (dusty?) or if i got this car will it happen on our tracks as well ?

La réponse de Ellis:

I didn't snap any belts but yes I did strip a couple of them mainly due to the fact I kept the car going round when it was skipping, had I pulled it in and tightened it it wouldn't have gone. If it skips and skips a fair amount then it wears the teeth on the pulley which then makes it worse and the end result is the thing heats up and melts and takes the belt with it.

As to why not sure, I have not touched my drive line once this year over here from when I built it November and it has run perfectly so why I had the issue it is not 100% sure but I don't think the dust helped. I did have an old chassis on (pre production squared) which may have been the issue as I changed it and it went away. But I also fitted the long belt as well at the same time.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12447

ESpeedBanner.jpg

Fresh from winning his third National championship, U.K. off-road racer Ellis Stafford is proud to announce four new products in the E-Speed line of parts. These new CNC machined parts are made from 3 mil CF and fit both the X Factory X – 5 and the Losi XX-4 for both improved performance and increased durability. All the new E-Speed parts are offered at fine model shops everywhere as well as www.4wdrc.com .

The most innovative new part, ES 006, is a new steering rack, or drag link for the X – 5 and XX-4. This new part number includes two bushings and the two screws necessary to install the part. The CF part installs with its bushings in the bell crank holes where the tie rods normally go, changing the Ackerman and shortening the tie rods. The original drag link is discarded.

Ellis says, "With the steering rack on, the car responds much better to steering inputs and is more neutral throughout the whole turn. Turn in is increased slightly but mid corner steering and exit steering are increased a lot which is one area both cars used to lack a little....you can now power the car from the turn and carry more speed with it."

X Factory and E-Speed are also marketing two new shock tower braces to reduce failure of the front and rear towers on the XX-4 and X – 5. These 3mil CF parts bolt right on utilizing shock mounting bolts and existing holes in the towers. X factory drivers report far fewer tower failures with the new braces.

There is also a new brace that fits the rear tower or the X – 5 & XX-4 to brace the "ears" where the ball studs mount. Ellis' new brace transfers some of the stress from the loaded side to the opposite "ear," and the result is lower forces acting on both, therefore less breakage. Shock tower failure on X Team cars is now a thing of the past!

The new parts are:

ES 003 Camber Link Brace

ES 004 Shock Tower Brace, Rear

ES 005 Shock Tower Brace, Front

ES 006 Steering Rack

Steering Rack

4543-7-22-08_E-Speed_3548.JPG

Rear Tower Brace

4543-7-22-08_E-Speed_3552.JPG

Front tower Brace

4543-7-22-08_E-Speed_3559.JPG

Camber Link Brace

4543-7-22-08_E-Speed_3564.JPG

Pièces pour X5. En tant qu'importateur je ne les stocke pas car peu de demande en 4*4 mais elles sont dispos chez X factory et les délais d'appro sont courts

Pièces pour X5. En tant qu'importateur je ne les stocke pas car peu de demande en 4*4 mais elles sont dispos chez X factory et les délais d'appro sont courts

Salut Chris

A quoi sert exactement le steering rack ?

Ce se monte devant la cellule pour rigidifier les triangles avant ?

Meu non ;-) C'est pour la direction; A+

Mais oui, abruti de moi !

Par contre, j'ai vu un renfort alu qui se monte apparemment sur xx4/xxx4 et x5 devant la cellule avant.

Tu connais cette pièce ?