BBY

BBY B4 Conversion

25 posts in this topic

Hello there.This is my conversion for the B4.The car can be changed from rear motor to mid motor in about 5 minutes and batteries can be accepted in all popular configurations.The car accepts standard and aftermarket B4 bodyshells.All comments and suggestions welcome.If you like it and want one pm me

Very interesting project !

Have you drive with it yet ? What configuration seems to be the best ?

What is the material for the wing mount ?

What is the weight ?

Could you make some pictures with the wheels ?

Thx

Thank you for the comments Kedal,

The wing mount is made of relatively soft plastic.I have raced the car in similar incarnations over the previous year in races including the Petit Invitational,Bologna Indoor and this year's Euros.The parts you see here have yet to give me problems.For carpet the most responsive seemed to be the mid motor version with the batteries 3+3 (narrow layout).For outdoors ,depending on the track it seems to be either mid motor with saddle layout side by side or rear motor.The good thing is that you can quickly try a different layout that you think that might work in the particular track and conditions with no extra parts.Parts breakages usually limit to front wishbones(B4 items)-we use our own made plastic ones when using the B4 front end.