Wonderflupke

JConcepts - J82 Convertion Kit

25 posts in this topic

e84fef785b426dd8a6c46ff0a0de9f1f.image.750x501.jpg?zenid=b6a08a05bc7ed0e467d9b7d2f72814fb

Le Kit de conversion pour transformer son T4 en B4 1/8th!!!!!!

JConcepts – J82 Conversion kit

J82 conversion kit - (converts RC10T4 to J82 - 1/8th electric 2wd buggy)

Part # - 4002

(Converts RC10T4 truck to 1/8th 2wd electric buggy)

JConcepts introduces a revolutionary new vehicle concept, the J82. The J82 is the buggy of your dreams, combining the drivability of a 1/10th truck with the fascination of a buggy. The J82 is a terrific platform for drivers wanting to race on a bigger track with tough terrain. The J82 allows a brushless and lipo driver the opportunity to race with more confidence for an extended period of time.

The JConcepts J82 is a conversion kit for the Associated RC10T4 vehicle. With this conversion, a driver can now compete in two classes on the same day using just one vehicle.

Jason Ruona stated – “Trucks have always been easier to drive making them a popular choice in competition. The buggy class has always been looked at as the more prestigious class – Now the World’s have collided."

Another original idea by JConcepts

Go Bigger

Go Longer

Go J82

J82 conversion kit features:

Original JConcepts Illuzion - J82 body with J82 decal sheet

1/10th Scale Ball Cups (black)

Groovy - 1/8th - 2wd front, green (fits 2.2" buggy front wheel)

Double Dee's - green compound (fits 2.2" truck wheel)

Mono - J82 front wheel (white) - 2pc

Mono – J82 rear wheel (white) - 2pc

Factory Blue Titanium Turnbuckle, 1.775"

Item needed not included in the conversion kit:

Hook and loop tape (secure the body to chassis)

http://www.jconcepts.net:80/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=228&zenid=b6a08a05bc7ed0e467d9b7d2f72814fb

on dirait les roues avant du rc10T, toute première version... celles qui donnaient un avantage tel qu'elles ont été interdites au profit des version larges...*pendu*

J82_800px.jpg

JC009_800px.jpg

JConcepts introduces a revolutionary new vehicle concept, the J82. The J82 is the buggy of your dreams, combining the drivability of a 1/10th truck with the fascination of a buggy. The J82 is a terrific platform for drivers wanting to race on a bigger track with tough terrain. The J82 allows a brushless and lipo driver the opportunity to race with more confidence for an extended period of time.

The JConcepts J82 is a conversion kit for the Associated RC10T4 vehicle. With this conversion, a driver can now compete in two classes on the same day using just one vehicle.

Jason Ruona stated – “Trucks have always been easier to drive making them a popular choice in competition. The buggy class has always been looked at as the more prestigious class – Now the World’s have collided.

With this conversion, a driver can now compete in two classes on the same day using just one vehicle.

????? Je crois qu'ils vont un peu vite là... elle rentre comment dans la boîte, la voiture ?:confused::confused:

en tout cas le concept est motivant, et vu l'avantage que procure l'aileron, ça doit aller plus vite que du buggy ou du truck...

Le J82 est une conversion du T4 donc en changeant les pneus et la carrosserie, tu fait 1/10 truck et 1/8 4x2 électrique

et je ne crois pas que des courses de ces deux catégories organisées en même temps soient très courantes....:D

open.jpg

Issue 151 (June 2008) - Words: James Revilla

You might have heard of JConcepts; after all, Team Associated's first 1/10-scale 4WD buggy (the B44) is a refined version of JConcepts' own championship-winning BJ4. With this relationship going, JConcepts decided to take another of Associated's lineup—the T4 racing truck—and convert it into... a buggy? Enter the J82—JConcept's "1/9-scale" electric 2WD buggy. Available in a conversion kit (take your own T4, slap JConcepts parts on, now you have a J82), the J82 is supposed to mix "the fascination of buggy with the driveability of a 1/10-scale truck." At first glance the J82 seems all 1/10-scale buggy until you notice the wider stance, larger tires, and larger buggy body. Massaging the buggy onto a truck platform is how it became a "1/9-scale," but technically it's still a 1/10-scale since it's based on a 1/10-scale truck, which means you'd run this 1/9-scale buggy on a 1/10-scale track. Confused yet? Forget my last paragraph, and let's take a closer look at the J82.

SHOCK APPEAL • Up front you will see a standard Team Associated T4 suspension setup. Long-stroke, aluminum bodied shocks are on all four corners, and their extra "truck" travel helps the J82 take on more of the rough stuff on the track.

TRANSMIT POWER • Team Associated's widely used Stealth transmission is left intact at the rear of the chassis. 48-pitch gears and a standard slipper clutch keep the power moving from the motor to the tires.

01.jpg

REAR END • The J82's rear end is all T4 as well, but JConcepts includes extra offset ball cups that you can install to keep the wheels from rubbing across the upper links during suspension travel. With no modification to the axles themselves (both front and rear), you can easily switch back to truck mode if you decide to run in the truck class just by reinstalling the front truck body mounts and swapping back to truck-dimension tires.

• Bigger Shoes: JConcepts 1/9-sized Groovy tires are up front.

• Middle Weight: Center battery position balances weight.

• Trucker Arms: Longer arms of the T4 give the J82 a wider stance.

• Brushless: Novak GTB brushless ESC fits easily on the raised sides of the molded chassis.

• Clear Downforce: Rear wing looks like a standard truck piece, but is actually included in the conversion.

Testing

Lately the sun seemed to coordinate its appearance on the days I wanted to go track testing. Sure enough, when I went out to Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair, CA it was one of those hotter days we don't enjoy. The track was being prepped for the JBRL series, so it was on the loose side, but the layout offered a host of different jumps and berms and traction levels. Luckily the track was watered down in between runs, so I wasn't kicking up that much loose dirt.

Acceleration and Speed • With the 6.5R bolted in, the J82 had some traction breaking power. Acceleration was great when it hooked up, even if the slipper clutch was a tad on the loose side. In fact, when the track was fresh from

watering, I could pull a wheelie on the straightaway—and this is a buggy! Top speed was good for the track size, and I'm sure that if I had been going for a top speed run, a switch to a bigger pinion would easily have raised the limit.

Rating: 9/9

Braking • I had to fiddle with the brake high point on my radio to compensate for the loose dirt on the surface of the track, but once I got it set right, I had some smooth braking. The J82 reacted to trigger pushes like a truck would, the front end dipping slightly as the buggy came to a stop. Most of the course didn't require much braking anyways, but when I needed it, it was there. The Double Dee rear tires did a decent job when slowing down, and the chassis itself stayed straight when I had to slow down fast.

Rating: 8

02.jpg03.jpg

Low-Speed • Low speed handling was—again—truck-like. The wider stance of the front end gave the J82 understeer through the tighter corners. On the other hand, when off-power the rear end of the buggy swung out slightly. The buggy switched directions fairly quick at low speeds, but I would have liked a little more on-power steering for the hairpins. It wasn't as precise as a standard 1/10-scale 4WD buggy, but it was very easy to drive.

High-Speed Handling • High speed handling was great. The understeer during low-speed driving made the J82 easy to control when I punched the trigger. Down the uneven straightaway I did have to watch my trigger input carefully, because if I gave her too much power, it felt like the front tires barely touched the dirt. I was able to drift the buggy through the big sweeper around the squared corner at speed. Switching directions through the faster parts of the track felt stable and controlled; the truck stance helped here, as wider tracks usually translate to easier driving. If I let off at the right time, I could take a corner tight, as the rear end of the J82 would slowly swing around a tad faster than the front.

04.jpg05.jpg

Rough-Track Handling • This portion of the test showed the benefits of running a truck suspension. With the longer arms, more shock stroke, and larger tires, the J82 took the rough stuff like candy. The buggy rarely lost its trajectory, and even when it did, all I had to do was move the steering wheel slightly to correct the direction. The soft JConcepts tires absorbed a lot of the bumps and dirt clods that were scattered across the track surface. It also stayed level over bumps and ruts that would usually flip a standard width 1/10-scaler.

Rating: 9

Jumping • Just like in the rough-track test, the J82 jumped nice and smooth, thanks to the truck-spec suspension. Though it didn't feel like a standard buggy on lift-off, the landings were soft and stable. Even when I landed at an awkward angle, the J82 corrected itself during suspension compression. It was fun, and easy, to jump! Just don't hit the brake too much in mid air, or you'll nose dive it into the dirt.

specs-icon.gif

Wrenching

Maintenance • Maintaining the truck—er, buggy is standard issue here. The 3-gear transmission comes out with a few screws, and the chassis layout is nice and open. With only two driven wheels,

working on any 2WD electric is pretty simple, and since the J82 is based on the easy to work on T4 platform, there's nothing weird to talk about here when it comes to garage work. Just make sure you have a full set of SAE tools, not metric.

Wear and Tear • As much as I try, off-road and James Revilla are a difficult combination. It's mainly the jumping that gets to me, and sure enough it's also the jumping that can kill weaker platforms. The J82 survived, however, even as I did my standard gymnastics twirl across the hard-packed surface after the double, which is pretty much automatic when I hit the dirt. The wing had dirt chunks on it, and the front bumper did too, but the chassis was OK. Some of the impact was absorbed by the J82's soft setup and soft tires, but then again, if you haven't seen a "Revilla twirl" you have no idea how much I put off-road vehicles through when attempting something as elementary to off-road as jumping!

Tuning • The J82 benefits from starting with an already proven platform in the T4. Team Associated has had years and years of testing, development, and race experience—and all of that has been refined over the years, from the first 10T to the current T4. Seeing as the J82 is basically a T4 with buggy looks, tuning the J82 is almost the same as tuning a T4. With that in mind, you know that if Associated offers a chassis adjustment, it's for fine-tuning for a track, not to correct a design error.

Conclusion

"The ease of driving a truck with the feel of a buggy;" that tag line pretty much sums up the J82. I saw a buggy, I was driving a buggy, but it was easy like a truck. JConcepts' idea of bringing the buggy look back is novel; even a novice-level driver can get the hang of driving the J82 quick. Of course, once you get used to how it drives, you can also take advantage of its racing heritage as your skills progress. Although 1/9 in "scale," the J82 works perfect on 1/10-sized tracks. The $80 you spend on the conversion kit is reasonable, considering a new set of tires and wheels cost almost the same. So if you've got a T4 laying around but you're a buggy fan and want something a little bigger and a little easier to run, take a look at JConcepts and their J82 conversion.

"the bigger goes longer" ca c'est du slogan :D

How to fit Vaykal to JConcept J82

IMG_1069_1.jpg

Cut along the mold line for the front side.

Change the cutting line of the rear side as shown in the picture

IMG_1071.jpg

For information, both the Vaykal for X-6 and the Vaykal for J82 are shown.

The Vaykal for X-6 is put on the Vaykal for J82.

IMG_1075.jpg

The Vaykal for J82 is put on the Vaykal for X-6

IMG_1076.jpg

Bonjour

J'ai regarder le kit pour transformer sont T4 en j82 et apparement il y'as jantes et pneus arriere, carrosserie, et jeu de axes titane et chapes.

J'aimerais juste adapter la carrosserie et les jantes/pneus avant. Car j'ai deja beaucoup de pneus arrieres gladiator pour mon T4.

Je voudrais savoir si il y'as as des "bitonios" expret a l'avant pour clipser la carro, car sur la photo on voit un goupille. Et comment elle ce fixe a l'arriere vu que les fixation servent pour le l'aileron.

Derniere question j'ai trouver sur TH les pneus AV du kit convertion mais pas les jantes savez vous ou elle sont ? OU aurriez vous la reference de la jante avant svp ?

MErci

3000 - Groovy - 1/8th, 2wd front, fits J82 2.2" front wheel

Mono - J82 rear wheel (white or yellow) - 2pc

Mono - J82 front wheel (white or yellow) - 2pc

Pas de ref pour les jantes de J82

Merci

Je supose que le kit de chapes/axe vendu avec c'est seulement pour que la jante de touche pas la chape ? Car les chappe sont "coudées" ?

Merci

Questions aux possesseurs de cette conversion : Les pneux arrieres sont ils legerement plus etroits ou bien de la même taille que ceux du T4 ?

Ou bien est ce la jante qui est un peu plus etroite et qu'en consequence, ils sont montés avec une forme un peu plus bombée ?

Si jamais il s'agit de pneux specifiques, y a t'il un autre profil que les j concept vendus avec le kit ?

SAlut

C'est les jantes qui sont differentes . Y'as pas de debords. LEs pneus tu peut mettre les meme que sur un T4 c'est du 2.2. Par contre faut des pneus avec profil assez bas pour pas que ca fasse dragster :) Genre bow-tie, double dee ect...

Merci à toi

Depuis que j'ai cette conversion, je ne roule plus que dans cette version, j'adore !

Bonjour,

On me propose des biellettes Lunsford pour Losi XXXT...

Savez-vous si elles sont compatibles avec mon T4, j'imagine que oui... mais je préfère demander.

Au fait je me présente, Nicolas, je roule avec le dernier kit RTR T4.1 d'Asso, monté en J82... que du bonheur !!! Il vient de remplacer dans mon coeur mon RC8...

Merci d'avance !

Un axe de biellette est un axe de biellette c'est donc compatible

Je pensais pas que l'importateur les avait reçu les t4.1

Merci !

En fait je pensais à la longueur... mais je pense que c'est bon !

Pour le T4.1, il est disponible chez plusieurs marchands français mais depuis quelques jours...

Comme Mrfrog...

Depuis que j'ai ce Kit, je ne roule qu'avec ça !!!!

Du bonheur !!!