nocif13

TOP Photon Prototype

175 posts in this topic

top_photon.jpg

photos plus grande:boomerzworld

Tokio Option Parts racing driver Josh Cyrull was driving the all new prototype car lately. Here's what Josh had to say viewing the picture: "Unfortunately, I missed that pic being taken but I can guarantee that it wasn't taken at close range as I've turned away anyone I've seen with a camera within 15-20ft of the car and made sure to keep an eye on them. Yes, there has been opportunities for people to take pictures but most have had respect for our wishes to keep it from being photographed."

Though Josh wasn't really happy with the picture being taken he could give us some more information about the new car: "It will come with molded pistons and I am not aware of any plans for aftermarket "machined" ones. The difference though is that these are not your "typical" piston. They are a special shape to aid in the fit/drag and fluid flow through them. In my testing, they were much more consitant than even a machined piston." Josh also used Kyosho shock because the new TOP Racing ones weren't available yet. The new car will also have black belts instead of the white ones shown above.

"With the new Photon, I am confident we have a very good base to work from with ample adjustments, super light drivetrain, strong suspension components and all the essentials to put the car up with the best out there. Not to mention the fact that I've had other top drivers and engineers tell me how impressed they are with the car and even some tell me that they are jealous and they wish their sponsor's car was like the Photon. I know the group of us who have worked so hard to develop the Photon are proud and have done a great job."

The production of the TOP Photon is delayed, the official release of the car will take place in April/May

source rctech et rctouring

marrant - on note la prise deans... finalement avec les lipos tout le monde en revient a mettre des prises (pas le choix, on peut pas faire de hotwiring) sur la partie puissance, PK ou deans ultra, et je ne pense pas que le Josh il roule en 13.5... Un des avantages supplementaires du Lipo!!

Paul

Et au fait comment Josh s'est sorti de son "procès" avec Ernie, je sais que c'est un peu HS (comme avec les prise deans c'est pas moi qui ai commencé!) mais je n'ai pas su la fin de l'affaire

<mode Weekend on>

Ils ont fait un concours de celui qui pouvait ingurgiter le plus de Triple Whopper With Cheese sans degobiller, Josh en a boulotte 17, Ernie a vomi a 14 (seulement) - Josh vainqueur.

(on voit d'ailleurs le resultat sur les photos - pas beau a voir le triple menton)

Paul

<mode Weekend off>

CHASSIS

- Chassis Flex Isolation (CFI) for rubber asphalt) and/or foam carpet

- Low Center of Gravity (CG), Strong and Super Light Weight Chassis

- Isotropic and Anisotropic Flex Material (IFM & AFM)

- LiPo Mounting System

- Design Specific Balancing Weight

DRIVE TRAIN

- Low Friction Light Weight Diff. Pulleys

- Ball Diff. Adjustments

- Low Friction, Light Weight Composite Front Spool

- Diff height and belt tension Adjustability

- Improved Symmetric Center Pulley (iSCP)

- Easy Pulley Maintenance

- Motor Mount Geometry

SUSPENSION

- Reversible Suspension Arms

- Suspension Pin Guard

- Off-Center Suspension Mount Insert

- Stabilizer Bars

SHOCKS

- Controlled Turbulence Shock Piston (CTSP)

- 3 sets of optional suspension springs

MORE FEATURES

- Available in rubber or foam versions

- Linear or Radial Ackerman

- 5.3mm Ball Studs and Ball Cups

- Threaded Through-Hole Ball Studs

- All tie rods are 30mm in length, reducing the amount of spares needed

- All bulkheads of the Photon are all identical

- Snap-on dust covers

- Differential can be adjusted externally

5711.attach

C'est un enfant incestueux entre schumacher et tamiya, teinté en rouge pour tromper l'ennemi?

En tout cas les amortisseurs encrés derrière les supports, ça évite qu'ils cassent mais c'est les triangles qui prennent à la place.

Ca doit être surtout pour enlever les diffs sans démonter les supports d'amortisseurs ni les amortisseurs.

marrant j'avais la meme en violette a une epoque

alors oliv t'es plus team "magic" mais team "top"??

Pas mal cette TOP. J'aime bien le montage du diff, le systeme pour le lipo et aussi interessant... Belle caisse.