Reporter

Team Associated SC10

397 posts in this topic

attachment.php?attachmentid=85074&d=1233279983

Finally, you can now have Team Associated’s world-class performance with true scale authenticity in a 1:10 scale electric short course truck! Team Associated is proud to bring to you the SC10—a 1:10 scale electric 2WD off road, authentic short course race-truck kit.

Based on a lengthened version of the 6-time ROAR National Championship-winning RC10T4, the engineers behind the doors in Area-51 made the SC10 both all show and all go! The result is the SC10 kit, an authentic scale racing experience.

The SC10 comes ready to assemble with a clear short course race-truck body, KMC™ style wheels, aggressive tread multi-terrain tires, all which have been designed to look just like the full-size race trucks that run in short course off-road series around the country. The world of high-performance 1:10 scale electric R/C has never before seen this level of scale accuracy! It’s easy to see that the SC10 is another champion by design!

SC10 Kit Features:

* Based on a lengthened version of the 6-time National Champion RC10T4 platform

* Realistic short course racing truck .040” polycarbonate body

* Chassis side nerf bars

* Trick KMC™ style wheels and aggressive tread multi-terrain scale tires with re-enforced sidewalls

* Realistic bumpers front and rear for maximum durability

* Rubber AE logo mud flaps

* 2.6:1 ratio gearbox equipped with sealed gear differential

* Two spur gears included: 75 tooth for brushless stock and 87 tooth for brushed and modified motors

* Efficient dual-sided, externally adjustable slipper clutch

* Molded composite low-CG chassis

* Hinged battery hold-down strap fits up to 8-cell battery pack

* Set-screw secured antenna tube

* Durable front and rear body mounts

* 14 rubber-sealed ball bearings

* Rugged steel turnbuckles for quick and easy suspension adjustments

* Fully adjustable suspension geometry

* Angled bellcrank “coplanar” steering with integral servo saver

* Vertical ball end roll-center adjustments front and rear

* Blue aluminum shock bodies

* Steel dogbone rear axles

* Many Factory Team and Reedy option parts already available!

SC10 Specifications:

Scale: 1:10

Power : Electric

Length: 550mm

Width: 293mm

Track: 245mm

Weight: 2080g

Wheelbase: 327mm

Internal Gear Ratio: 2.6:1

Drive: 2WD

Note: SC10 shown equipped with items NOT included in kit: Reedy battery, XP servo, pinion gear, LRP ESC, motor, and receiver. Body comes clear. Assembly, painting and decals required. Team decals sold separately.

#7027 - SC10 1:10 Scale Electric 2WD Short Course Race Truck Kit

Availability: March 2009

attachment.php?attachmentid=85075&d=1233279983

attachment.php?attachmentid=85076&d=1233279983

attachment.php?attachmentid=85077&d=1233279983

attachment.php?attachmentid=85078&d=1233279983

attachment.php?attachmentid=85079&d=1233280106

attachment.php?attachmentid=85080&d=1233280106

attachment.php?attachmentid=85081&d=1233280106

Short Course Trucks are freaking amazing. Why they haven't replaced NASCAR as the American form of racing is strange to me, and to most who race them professionally. They are real trucks with over 900hp and they race on tracks that in many ways look like big RC tracks! So when Team Associated started cross promoting in Short Course Racing and releasing amazingly detailed kits with full sponsor bodies we fell in love...again. While I'm a big 1/8-scale nitro guy, the truth is the entry price is pretty high, and getting something the masses can buy and race cheap is a formula few get right. We think AE nailed it with the looks and performance of their new SC10. We got lucky and hit the track for a day of testing, and boy did we walk away with an itch for more SC10s to race.

FEATURES

Ball Removal • Ball diffs have long been the choice for competition electric racing. Gear diffs have been used in nitro with great success due to their increased tenability, repeatability, and durability. AE decided it was time to make a small gear diff and the result is glorious. We love the reduced maintenance gear diffs offer and you bet they'll be testing them in other applications soon!

Stretch It Out • The SC10 is stretched a bit to get the wheelbase close to that of its competitor. What that means for you is that most manufacturers' bodies will fit and we won't have to try to classify every new Short Course Truck that comes out.

Bumper Cars • AE not only went for the performance end of the class, they went for the scale end as well. Many might think that since the SC10 based on the T4 it might not be as durable as others, but the scale bumpers and sick looking mudflaps protect and add style unseen to this point.

• Eight is enough - since the chassis was stretched out there is plenty of room for a 6 or 8-cell flat pack for those who want to go speed crazy. Don't worry about LIPOs; the mount is adjustable in height to fit a variety of packs.

• Dope wheels - The wheels are replica KMC wheels, and because AE knows the value of compatibility, their wheels work with Traxxas-style wheels!

• Aluminum shocks - The SC10 costs a little more, but you get some higher end features like trusty aluminum body shocks.

• Externally adjustable slipper - Tested over years of racing, the slipper will allow you to make critical adjustment with the turn of a wrench.

• Tuning options - An entire tuning book can be written from the range of adjustments on the SC10, which can be both a good and a bad thing for beginners.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Testing

In the world of testing you sometimes have to roll with what comes your way. The opportunity to test the SC10 for this issue came up two days before we printed the magazine. A mad dash was made to get it ready, shot and to get some track time. Unlike some who may try to say they tested it for 32 gallons or for hours and hours I had a short opportunity to test it at a new track at the Lake Elisnore MX park, where a track was built two days after AE did some photoshoots with the real trucks. The result was a MX style track with good grip. It wasn't perfect or familiar, but sometimes that just works better.

Acceleration and Speed • Since this was a kit and motor choices were up to us, we put in a motor that was way too powerful for testing and didn't use the one shown in the photos. Our X11 13.5 put out insane power and the SC10s tires struggled with it at full throttle. When I got my trigger finger in check with reality the SC10 pulled hard out of corners despite the huge power and lower grip tires. The suspension did a good job soaking up the ruts out of corners and the "nuggets" of dirt, which still lined most of the track. Topspeed was awesome for the class; it's basically unlimited with the battery space and motor options at this time. Just remember that on dirt there is a very limited amount of grip, which is the class's main appeal.

Rating: 9/9

Braking • Braking was way better than expected, but still what most would call a handful if you compare it to 4WD cars or on-road where grip helps you stop. You'll want to learn the fine art of rolling on the brake like you do the gas to not upset the car in tight turns, but it will be more controllable when the traction is up . I'll talk more about braking in the Jumping section.

Rating: 8

Low-Speed • The setup we tested had a greased diff and was a little "freer" than we would have run, but that helps it turn and turn in it did! The SC10 had the advantage of a high end servo and some aggressive turn in that made any tight section on the track easy to navigate. The suspension soaked up bumps and really worked well on the rough track. We expected this because the basis for this truck is a National Level Champion that had been race bred for years. It might be a little too edgy for beginners; this truck is aimed at racers first.

Rating: 9

High-Speed Handling • It's a little unfair to judge high-speed handling at the speed we tested at, but speed shows flaws and those are something the SC10 doesn't have many of. The SC10 went ripping down the back straight toward a sick camelback tabletop without protest until I tried to go full tilt. Only then did I not only feel the power of the motor and battery, but also how the limited traction made it worthless to try and run such silly fast motors. Keep this baby down in a 17.5 brushless range and you'll be faster and find it easier to drive. Despite our overly enthusiastic power, the SC10 landed on the downside and tore down the track. It was a little light in the corners, but again that's due more to speed and a green track.

Rough-Track Handling • The SC10 sure does like bumps. The suspension, which seemed a tad soft for racing, looked awesome on the track. The slight off timing rhythm section tested the suspension, and even in an awkward approach nothing but the hardest landing upset the truck at all.

Rating: 10

Jumping • We learned in our Short Course racing that jumping with a long chassis, smaller wheels, and big, air-catching body shell means if you don't hit something right you won't be able to fix it in the air like you would with most RC vehicles. The nose-up throttle and nose-down brake technique is superseded by physics most of the time. The SC10 seemed better at jumping than I expected. It wanted to jump right and if I really hit the brakes hard I could change the truck's attitude in the air (remember I was going to talk about brakes more here). This was a huge advantage on the track. The SC10 also seemed to be very stable when it landed. It didn't try to bounce over or spin out when I got things wrong.

Wrenching

Maintenance • I didn't get much time to see how everything came apart, but over the years I've manhandled more than one T4, so I would expect some fairly easy maintenance and with the new gear diff less of it! We're super pumped that we'll be working on this truck less and bench racing more at the track.

Wear and Tear • Normally we have more time than we did and get in some good crashes for the sake of testing (joke), but even without hours of running the truck's durability was impressive. I took it over some big jumps and some rough sections of the track, and with the power I was driving could easily have overpowered the tires. I won't mention that driving without a drivers' stand required me to spin around on a giant jump to do a lap either, since that caused me to crash too! After all my crashes and the AE reps puckering the truck had no issues with continuing to learn the track with me. I doubt there will be any long term issues, and like I've learned with most RC cars will never be found by most racers...it is when the vehicles are bashed that weak areas pop up. We worried that the SC10 might not match the Traxxas' ability to have the crap beat out of it, but so far so good!

Tuning • This truck has more tuning options than most people need, and it could be considered a downside to have them on there in a class that is finding its niche in a crowded market. The simple, less tuning concept is sometimes better for the masses and the tuning options on the SC10 puts some complication in there. As far as tuning is concerned there are tons of race adjustments...we just hope the low grip makes them more mental changes.

Conclusion

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. At first I was worried that the SC10 would simply be too good and kill the competition, but after driving it I realized that as long as the tires don't get too soft and everything is kept close in the terms of size and weight the SC10 is going to fit in the big picture very well. AE could have just slapped an SC body on a T4 and called it a meal, but instead they went the extra mile to deliver a more realistic, more capable alternative that really looks fun on the track. Many have learned recently that fun is what has been missing from racing, and rubbing fenders with nine other trucks on a track is just what the RC doctor ordered. We're going to bet that the RTR version is going to sell like hot cakes, and we're thankful AE decided to give us a kit version first.

Review – Team Associated SC10 RTR

Just like the real thing!

Words and photos: Sylvain Lafrance

sc10_right2.jpg

Introduction

The 1/10th 2wd short course trucks are extremely popular. At first, Team Associated released the SC10 as a kit, but since few months, the A-Team now offers the SC10 as a Ready-To-Run vehicle. Basically, both trucks are the same, except that AE built the RTR for you and added their electronics. The SC10 is offered in different paint schemes (Lucas Oil, Pro Comp, Team Associated, KMC Wheels and Bully Dog) all from the Lucas Oil Race series. The SC10 is based on the 6-time National Champion RC10T4 electric stadium truck. In fact, at least, 90% of the parts are interchangeable. After I have fully charged a Wolfpack 4200 pack, I was eager to see why people are so excited about short course trucks. Keep on reading, you’ll know more about the Team Associated SC10 short course truck.

More... / Plus...

et bien avec la graisse noir, ensuite peut être qu'il y a moyen de durcir suivant la graisse utiliser.

sinon vraiment très sympa comme caisse.

Ca a l'air de bien fondre!

Sinon pour la graisse il y a des graisses spéciales diff pignons

y'a pas à dire, ça a de la gueule quand même!

quelques options plus ou moins utiles/intéressantes:

9851.jpg

FT SC10 Carbon Fiber Battery Strap #9851

Team Associated's SC10 has been a huge hit with full-scale off-road enthusiasts as well as competitive R/C racers. Thanks to the introduction of the SC10, an entirely new ROAR racing class has been developed and continues to increase in popularity.

With this increase in popularity comes a high demand for performance upgrades. Team Associated is happy to introduce the Factory Team SC10 Carbon Fiber Battery Strap. This lightweight strap replaces the plastic battery strap to increase battery placement options (the battery can be mounted as far back as the rear shock tower) while maintaining the SC10's innovative quick-release battery feature.

As an added bonus, the first 1000 will be produced in eye-catching blue carbon fiber!

• Increases battery placement options.

• Lightweight carbon fiber material.

• Reduces interference with LiPo battery lead wires.

• Plug-and-play installation.

• Retains stock quick-release battery feature.

• Initial production in eye-catching blue carbon fiber.

STC9608-17S.jpg

CNC Machined Aluminum 17mm Hex conversion kit for Associated SC10 (Silver) - www.teamstrc.com

Our new 17mm hex conversion kit allows Associated SC10 short course truck owners to put on high-traction 1/8th scale buggy tires for increased performance and wider range of tire selection. Each piece of 17mm hex adapters is machined out of high-quality aluminum, and using a unique set-screw behind drive pin design, you’ll never have to worry about loosing a drive pin. The rear 17mm hex are offset slightly wider to provide the SC10 truck with more stability in the rear.

j ai lu aucune reviews en français sur cette auto..j ai pas l impression qu elle fasse fureur face aux slash pourtant elle a l air carrement mieux conçu

Salut à tous,

Je ais m'offrir un SC10 dans quelques jours, mais je ne sais pas quoi mettre en moteur.

Je pensais un 6.5 mais je sais pas si cela va convenir.

Il va tourner en LIPO.

Pouvez-vous me donner vos conseils sur la motorisation à mettre sur cette bestiole.

A savoir que le SC10 va tourner sur une piste très rapide avec pas mal de gros jumps.

Merci

Exocet 01

salut, avec un 6.5T il faut bien le réglé car c'est relativement vicieux.

avec mon niveau (certes pas très élevé) j'ai mis de l'huile assez épaisse dans le diff ça facilite le pilotage

Pas de graisse? de l'huile?

Tu tournes avec un 6.5?

Quel est le comportement du chassis?

AU départ je pensais mettre un 8.5 ou 7.5

Exocet 01

moi j ai un moteur 5400kv dessus et lipon 7.2v 30c de chez hobbycity et franchement c est une fuséé:speed:

mon contro c est un ezrun!il est vraiment tip top avec ça carte de programmation il chauffe pas d un poil meme avec un gros pinion et gazs a fond:D

le moteur c est un feigeao.

mon frere lui a le combo 5.5t de chez ezrun.mon 5400 est qd meme mieux car j ai bcp plus de patate(jfais des tranché avec lol)

j attend mes accus life de chez hobby(des 6.6v 4500 pour 25dollards)

oui dans le diff je ne sais pas pourquoi asso dit de mettre de la graisse, il faut de l'huile (je dois faire un test avec de la 5000 losi).

oui j'ai un 6.5 speedpassion et un vario speed passion LPF gen 2.

le comportement est sain le seul soucis c'est le roulis (mais c'est justement cela que je cherchais dans ce véhicule, qui en fait un véhicule rc super réaliste) du coup la roue arrière intérieur se lève le diff fait son effet et donc toute la puissance passe dans le vide (d'origine) j'ai remédier à ce problème en mettant de l'huile épaisse (je ne peux dire le grade exact).

moi j'adore cette voiture personnellement, je l'ai comparé au traxxas elle est pour moi bien meilleure.

Salut a tous voila la configuration du mien moteur novak 5.5 avec vario lrp et coupure lipo et pas mal d option alu monte dessus pour le look c est deja un avion . La je vais essayer de changer la viscosite d huile des amortos que je trouve un poil souple pour de la plus epaisse mais c est un avion est un regal a piloter . Personnelement a comparer au slash y a pas photos je prefere de loin le sc10 et je peus te dire qu il est super costaud vu que je ne lui fait pas de cadeau . Je mettrai des photos si ca vous interresse .

Je voudrais savoir si un de vous a essayer la baignoire en lexan de chez jconcept pour proteger l electronique si ca vaut le coup ou nn ???

des que j en vois dispo je test!

par contre je peux vs donner mon comparatif entre sc10 et rc10t4 vu que j ai les deux

le rc10t4 est bcp moins casse gueul c est a dire que la puissance est plus facilement maitrisable autaut o demarrage que ds les virages...(surtout ds les virages)

on pilote plus un rc10 qu un sc qui a tendance a vite faire des toupi sur lui meme...je pense durcir les amorto car a grande vitesse,ceux d origine sont vraiment trop souple et donc destabilise la voiture

mise a part ça c est un reel plaisir a conduire et surtout tres solide

Excellent!

Je dois recevoir le miens logiquement cette semaine.

Je vais donc mettre de l'huile dans le diff à la place de la graisse.

Pour la motorisation je vais y mettre un Speed Pasion en 6.5 et un GT2 ( toujours Speed Passion) en contro.

Avez-vous d'autres conseils sur les réglages ou des astuces sur ce chassis?

D'avance merci

Exocet

des que j en vois dispo je test!

par contre je peux vs donner mon comparatif entre sc10 et rc10t4 vu que j ai les deux

le rc10t4 est bcp moins casse gueul c est a dire que la puissance est plus facilement maitrisable autaut o demarrage que ds les virages...(surtout ds les virages)

on pilote plus un rc10 qu un sc qui a tendance a vite faire des toupi sur lui meme...je pense durcir les amorto car a grande vitesse,ceux d origine sont vraiment trop souple et donc destabilise la voiture

mise a part ça c est un reel plaisir a conduire et surtout tres solide

qu'à tu comme huile dans le diff car moi aussi je fesait énormément de toupie dans les virages jusqu'au jour où j'ai compris que mon diff était trop libre et donc vu le roulis que prend l'engin la roue intérieur se délese et toute la puissance passe dedans et donc la voiture par en toupie.

j ai celle d origine donc jpourrais pas te dire?donc d apres toi ça provient de la graisse??que me conseillerais tu comme huile du coup?

et les mecs on peut pas comprarer un t4 et un SC10 .......

le sc10 est prévu justement pour avoir ce comportement !!